Dean Healthcare are looking for experienced healthcare individuals who are compassionate, enthusiastic and have a passion for person-centred care. It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm, reassuring manner, putting the service users at the heart of everything you do. Dean Healthcare’s approach to our staff is to offer you flexibility, choice, trust and security, with a 24-hour team to support you in your care career.
We are currently seeking experienced care assistants to join our team at a small mental health unit.
Our residents have complex needs, two are wheelchair users and this role will involve a deal of 1:1 hands-on care.
As one of our dedicated care assistants you will enable our service users to live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives in a way which promotes and respects personal preferences. You will be supporting people in their daily lives, including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cleaning, cooking, laundry, assistance with medication and community access. We continuously seek to maximise and promote service users’ independence, privacy, choice and dignity.
As this home provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week services, we can offer staff a variety of hours, including early, late, twilight and weekend shifts.
To find out more about this role, please call Claire on (phone number removed) or visit our website (url removed)
* Minimum of 9 months experience within the health and social care sector
* A passion for promoting independence and well-being with residents and fellow staff
* An imaginative and innovative approach to care
* A comfortable and professional attitude to all levels of personal care
* Experience or training in manual handling, including use of hoists – we provide this free of charge
* Competitive rates of pay starting from £7.85 - £10.00 p/h
* Weekly pay
* Hourly accrued holiday pay
* Free mandatory training
* Free specialist training courses to help with career progression
* Flexible hours that suit your needs
* A 24hr 365 days of the year on-call support team
Job found on