Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with the individual care plan and to enhance inclusion in the community
. • Ensuring: Respect for Service Users right to choose and refuse assistance
Support for the Service User in making informed choices o The Service Users develop the ability to reach their full potential o Service Users are supported to maintain personal hygiene and appearance
Service Users are treated with respect at all times o A safe environment for chosen activities o Support is given to Service Users to manage their domestic and personal resources
Provision of specialised care to clients with specific needs according to your own skills and qualifications
There is a minimisation of risk to yourself and the Service User during emergency situations Accidents or injuries are always reported, whether it be to yourself or the Service User. In accordance with Warrencare policy and procedure
• To promote travel training, money management and independent life skills as required by the care plan. • To provide personal care where required which may involve assistance with; Continence requirements; Health and Medication requirements; Manual Handling; Eating and preparing meals; Handling personal possessions; finances and documents; entering the home, room, bathroom and toilet; shopping.
• To facilitate ensuring personal care provision is in a safe and appropriate environment, where directed through the care plan.
• To promote effective communication and relationships with Service Users and work colleagues and to be aware of communication differences and adopt an approach that minimises the effect of such differences
. • To manage behaviours adhering to strategies and procedures set out for individuals within legislation
• To maintain records (e.g. care plans) where necessary, ensuring these are wholly accurate, up-to-date and completed in a timely manner
. • To complete SPR Forms for every support session attended and incident forms
Job found on