We have a great opportunity for a Support Worker with passion and drive to provide support, enabling our clients with a range of complex needs to achieve their potential and live more independently within their community. You will use your skills to work with colleagues and partner agencies to achieve the best outcome for our clients. The role of Support Worker will include -
* Delivering a ‘best practice’ support service, appropriate to clients’ needs.
* Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
* Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
* Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
* Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
* Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
* Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
* Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
* Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
* Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
* Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
* Working in line with ‘health and safety’ and safe guarding requirements to ensure the overall safety and security of the client.
* Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
* Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication
Job found on