Fulbridge Social Care are recruiting Trainee Children’s Workers to join our experienced teams to work in our clients children’s residential care homes and independent living settings, please note we are looking for flexible, reliable and interactive individuals that want to work within a specialist environment where full training and qualifications are provided to the right candidates.
Position involves providing security, guidance, interaction and support to young people with challenging behaviour and complex needs within a residential or independent living setting with the intention of creating an environment that caters for a young person’s intellectual, spiritual, social and emotional needs.
You will be working with young people aged 11 to 18 who have been placed into the care system various reasons which range from social, emotional and behavioural difficulties to mental health and therefore require individuals who have the confidence, patience and skill set to successfully work with these young people and make a positive impact on their lives.
In this role you will be part of a team to support the young person’s throughout the day with basic tasks such as education, activities, shopping, cooking and cleaning. You will also be required to interact with professionals such as social workers, school teachers, registered managers, senior members of staff and support the young people in environments such as classrooms and in social settings.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Build strong professional relationships with the service users and other members of staff
* Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for the children & young people to live in and for you to work
* To keep up to date with all communication / information systems
* Attend and take an active part in meetings as appropriate
* Support children & young people in managing their own behaviour using approved skills
* To promote equality, acknowledging individuals differences
* Write accurate reports for reviews and keep written records for monitoring purposes
* Attend all training as required and be prepaid to achieve qualifications appropriate to role
* Attend work reliably and punctually and to follow a set shift pattern
* Transfer young people using company car
* Ensure you keep yourself up to date with all procedures and policy changes
* Take responsible care for the health and safety of yourself and others
* Undertake any other additional duties as required, which are relevant to the post
* Must be 21 or over to apply
* Must have a full UK driving licence with access to own transport
* International Checks might also be required as part of compliance if you have lived, travelled or worked for an extended period abroad
* £7.90-£11 p/h
* Weekly pay
* Additional £62.64 per sleep in
* Accredited Training
* Excellent opportunities for career progression
Job found on