Cladding Contracts Manager
An experienced Cladding Contracts Manager is required for a company based in Coventry. This is an opportunity to come in and grow a new arm of an existing business with the potential to progress quickly not only in terms of salary but also position.
The role of Contracts Manager will be to set up and organise the scope of work for contracted business. Managing the concurrent projects and ensuring that all work is completed on time and on budget to a high specification. Specialising in roofing, cladding with composite panels and built up systems as well as standing seam systems. Highly organised with excellent communication skills able to work well under pressure and use initiative.
Responsibility & Duties
* Negotiating prices from suppliers as well as sub-contractors
* Organise and control directly employed and sub-contract labour.
* Approve Time Sheets and sub-contract labour invoices.
* Liaise with Company employed subcontractors and ensure work meets our requirements.
* To organise plant to meet programme and cost plan.
* Ensure that the works are carried out safely and in accordance with Company requirements.
* Ensure that materials are ordered, and deliveries meet programme requirements.
* Prepare risk assessments, method statements, quality plans etc.
* Programme works to suit agreed programme.
* Liaise with Drawing Office and understand and interpret site requirements
* Delivery of each contract ensuring customer timelines are strictly adhered to
* Work with all relevant departments on new applications to ensure smooth planning and implementation of project
* Prepare handover documents for the installation teams
* Keep all records and database up to date
* Ensure works are installed as per approved working drawings and specification.
* Attend site meetings as required.
* Handover works at end of project to client
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of in production management. Ideally from a Cladding/ Roofing background (minimum 5 years), along with the following;
* Experience in Roofing, Cladding, Built up and Seam systems is essential
* Existing relationships with a network of clients and key suppliers
* Excellent communication skills and able to build relationships
* Excellent IT and Computer Skills including Microsoft Office
* Good professional telephone skills with smart appearance
Key knowledge, skills & experience
* Good leadership and management skills
* A valid UK Driving license
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to work well as part of a team and also under your own initiative when required
* Well organised with excellent time management
* Demonstrate a desire for self-improvement and enthusiasm to learn new skills
* Ability to interpret and work from drawings
* Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
Additional knowledge, experience and skills;
* 5 years plus experience with a proven track record working in the Construction Industry
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Must live within a reasonable commuting distance to West Midlands
* A strong background of commercial or working knowledge of roofing & cladding system
Job found on