This role is based in the Midlands and Wales.
Candidate will be fully fit, with a positive attitude and self-motivated, who will be required to install fibre overhead and installation of poling throughout the Midlands and Wales.
Key Duties : -
• Operation of optical fibre splicer and production of accurate test results.
• Installation of optical fibre cable, bundles and blown fibre tubing using fibre-blowing equipment to required standards, including fault finding on existing network.
• Splicing and testing of external optical fibres to the end customer premise in line with time and quality standards.
• Typical work types include blowing fibre, FTTP, DSLAM splicing and spine.
• Experience in climbing poles
• Experience in terminating drop wires
Ideal Candidate to have the following:
• Full UK Driving License
• Ability to produce, update and interpret records of daily work logs and data recordings
• Experience in a similar role
• Excellent communication skills
• Basic IT knowledge
• Ability to work well within a team
• No problem working at heights
• Adhere to all Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental policies.
• Hold an up to date NRSWA Street works Card, CSCS Card.
• Preferably hold existing Openreach accreditations or have previous Openreach experience.
Vacancy is on a self employed basis – vehicle, fuel card and tools will be provided. Digs available and will be paid for.
Salary is dependent on experience and at the suppliers discretion.
Immediate starts available
Job found on