Our client in the Malvern area is currently looking to recruit a Personal Care Assistant as well as a Senior Carer to join their team
As a personal care assistant, you will:
- Provide person centred care based on the individual needs and wishes of each customer
- Respect customers choices and always promote their dignity
- Assist customers to make their own decisions and to be as independent as possible.
- Promote the well-being of customers whilst ensuring their safety
- Give non-discriminatory care and support, recognising the diverse and unique qualities of each customer
- Carry out the instructions in the Customers agreed care and support plan which may include the following: all aspects of personal care, administering of medication, assisting with eating and drinking, safely using aids and equipment to assist with mobility, shopping, housework, social and physical activities
- Record and report all relevant customer information at each visit to include care and support provided and assistance with medications, customer concerns or changes in conditions, response to emergencies, accidents and incidents, Safeguarding concerns
- Maintain confidentiality in line with company Policies at all time.
As a Senior Carer you will:
- To assist in managing the recruitment and development of Personal Care Assistants, ensuring they are focused on delivering exceptional levels of care and that they are committed to the company Way Work
- To support and mentor Personal Assistants to complete their Care Certificate Training which includes personal coaching and help with e-learning
- Ensure all Personal Care Assistants are managed through a fully documented process including Competency checks and regular feedback discussions
- Sign off as competent all developing Personal Care Assistants as and when they demonstrate competence and the company Behaviours
- Assist the Care Coordinators in the process of customer liaison; ensuring communication lines are open through Personal
- Assistants, customers, relevant authorities and management
- Ensure all on call actions are acted upon swiftly or passed to the relevant team member
- Assist in marketing activity as and where necessary in order that we stay ahead of the competition
- Collection and distribution of log books in a secure locked box in line with GDPR
- Audit of monthly log books including MAR charts, responsible for passing any log books with discrepancies to the Branch Manager for sign off.
- Keep Coldharbour up to date with relevant information
- Managing and clearing all high-level alerts which could cause a risk to lone worker or service failure when on call.
- Participate in the On -Call rota to include a minimum of one night in the week and one weekend in four.
Skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in domiciliary care working to high standards with an eye for detail
- To understand the CQC KLOE expectations and to be able to use these in conversations to improve service provision and quality of care
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy as well as written and oral English
- To be qualifies or working towards NVQ/QCF Level 3 (Level 2 for Personal Care Assistant)
- Personal presentation and Hygiene should be to a high standard
- Ability to show warmth, empathy and understanding in all dealings with people
- Self-motivated and continually updates own knowledge and actively pursues own personal development
- Understands professional boundaries of customers, owners and co -workers
This vacancy is being managed by Ben Moses at Spear Recruitment Ltd
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd and Instagram @spearrecruitment
Tagged as: healthcare jobs, personal care assistant jobs
Job found on