NHS 111 Homeworking Clinician
Are you a Nurse or Paramedic?
Do you have telephone triage experience?
Are you NHS Pathways trained?
Do you have experience working with Adastra. Do you want to change direction in your clinical career?
At NHS 111 we are always seeking new and innovative ways to work.
We are looking to recruit Clinical Advisors to work from home between 15 – 28 hours per week.
This opportunity will be offered to Clinicians who meet the criteria of experience working as an NHS Pathways advisor (111 or 999).
You must be able to attend Bicester or Hampshire Bases for a one day Induction Training Session. You will also be required to attend either Bicester or Hampshire Base once a month to work within the call centre environment and receive feedback on audits and performance.
In order to Homework you must have a suitable working environment (Quiet location, private room with desk, chair and broadband connection of min 5mbps)
A Clinical Advisor for NHS 111 will be responsible for ensuring that the NHS 111 patients receive a quality service. You will have quick clinical decision making skills and excellent communication skills;
• You will need to be able to speak with a variety of patients. Using your professional clinical judgment supported by decision support software
• Clinical Advisors provide assessment, medication advice, and health information to patients calling NHS 111. You will support patients to access appropriate levels of care, including home care management.
• We require registered nurses or paramedics with generalist and specialist skills to assess and deliver care to patients across all age groups.
• As a Clinical Advisor you will need to be able to demonstrate the following key skills; - Work with a variety of clinical specialists to ensure safe clinical processes for patients - The ability to make timely safe clinical decisions - Meet the required standards for key performance indicators - Undertake referrals to internal and external clinicians - Be committed to self-development and training In addition to this you will be able to demonstrate your flexibility to meet service needs and enthusiasm to deliver high quality patient care.
We can offer you:
• Flexible hours
• Ongoing training/self-development
• Line management support
• On line e-learning with our Training and Development team
• Support with validation with NMC (for nurses) and help with preparation with your documents
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
Only those candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the person specification will be short listed for this role.
We actively support applications from members of the BME community.
Communications regarding your application will be sent via NHS Jobs to your inbox. Please ensure that you are able to access your inbox on a regularly to check for e-mails relating to your application otherwise this may delay the process (and we don’t want that!)
Please provide e-mail addresses/contact details for your referees so we can contact them easily.
We do require at least three years’ worth of references (with no gaps) from at least two different referees. We require references from all employers within this time-frame, if you do not provide sufficient information in the referencing section of your application form, we will take this information from the Employment History section of your form and will go directly to previous employers via their HR departments. We will only contact your referees after we have offered you a job.
The benefits bits…
The starting holiday entitlement is 27 days per annum (based on full time hours) plus bank holidays.
All employees are automatically enrolled in NEST or the NHS Pension scheme.
We operate a comprehensive set of policies.
We also operate regular staff surveys and our staff are encouraged to develop transferable skills and experience.
We work in partnership with our trade unions.
Applicants who have a disability and meet the minimum shortlisting criteria for the post will be invited for the next stage of the recruitment process.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Job found on