Beis Pinchos Nursing Home is a beautiful Orthodox Jewish care home situated in North London, providing an excellent interior and atmosphere for a comfortable retirement, with skilled and friendly carers on hand throughout the day and night.
With comfortable dining and living areas, Beis Pinchos supports active daily living, also with good wheelchair access and an enclosed garden. Carers are experienced in a depth of care issues, including in the provision of services for individuals diagnosed with dementia.
The healthcare assistant is a member of the care team appointed to support the physical, emotional and social needs of residents. The healthcare assistant must maximize resident’s independence, dignity and choice and must give adequate support, and if necessary, total care to residents. High standards of personal care and socially acceptable behavior must constantly be maintained.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A more detailed job description will be given to the candidate when they receive the position
* To acquaint yourself in the handover meetings and from the establishment’s records with the likely needs of the residents and to respond accordingly.
* To encourage residents to maintain their independence by allowing them to undertake such normal, personal daily living activities for which they are individually capable.
* To act as a key worker for a number of residents, ensuring their individual needs are being met.
* To assist in basic home nursing procedures as required.
* To be involved in the social activities with residents e.g. outings, exercising and other stimulative activities.
* To develop and maintain close links with relatives, friends etc.
* To be aware of the contents of any social work/hospital reports and observe the confidentiality of such reports.
* To exercise responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act as laid down or as amended from time to time.
* To attend staff meeting and any relevant meetings of the home as may be required.
* To receive individual supervision from your line manager.
* To assist, as delegated, in the training and support of volunteers.
* To undertake any other duties reasonably falling within the scope of the post as may be required.
Benefits of becoming our Health Care Assistant
- Friendly and caring environment
- Beautiful unique care home
- Pension Scheme
- Competitive salary
- Conveniently located in between Stoke Newington & Manor House station
Job found on