Care Assistant - Days (inc. alternate weekends)
£8.75 per hour - Paid breaks, DBS paid and free Uniform
Sunnybank House is a 60 bedded luxurious residential, nursing and dementia home. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed carers to support the growth of our home to accommodate our new residents. Full training, support and development in your career is offered.
You will provide individual care as required by each resident in order to meet their personal needs whilst ensuring that each person's dignity and individuality is upheld and their independence, choice and control is promoted at all times.
We work together to create a happy and caring atmosphere; which involves providing a wide range of general caring services and duties and help in the care of the resident's physical environment and the general day to day activities within the home.
You will work with all types of residents receiving direct care. Your duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the residents but can include:
- Ensuring the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/ assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living, according to their individual needs.
- Paying particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility, or physical difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Closely monitoring residents who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
- Support & encourage residents to maintain their independence with daily living.
- Observing care planning needs for residents and completing daily records as instructed and in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Assisting in framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities in the Home.
- Answering Call bell system and giving assistance as required ensuring residents retain their comfort & dignity.
- Making Visitors feel welcome. Providing refreshments / assistance as and when required.
- Making and changing beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty.
- If applicable, care for residents clothing and rooms as named, and ensuring that all clothing is clean, handled with care and clearly marked.
- Assisting residents who need help during meal times (and awareness of any swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.). Assisting with serving of food & drinks as requested & required.
- Escorting residents travelling to and from the Home e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc., when requested.
- Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualifications if not willingness to train
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Job found on