Care Assistant (Day or Night)
Based at Rowan Lodge, Crown Lane, Newnham, Basingstoke, RG27 9AN
Starting salary £8.50 per hour
As well as a competitive hourly rate, we offer the following benefits;
- 28 days Holiday (for full time workers)
- Comprehensive induction training
- Ongoing training and development
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme
- NVQ Training
- Paid breaks
- Free meals
- Free Uniform
Candidates will need access to their own transport to apply for this role.
Forest Care is a family owned and managed company, currently with four care homes in Hampshire and Surrey. Our focus is to ensure we provide the highest standards of care to our residents, and their ongoing welfare, comfort and needs are central to how we run our homes. We want our homes to be a home in the truest sense, and we are committed to making our residents feel at home from the outset.
Main Duties of our Care Assistants;
- Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toilet.
- Assist residents with mobility problems and/or other physical disabilities.
- Promote the mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, and any other hobbies that they might have.
- Assist residents at meal times if required
- Read and write reports in case notes.
- Assist with medication administration as required/directed.
- To undertake any other duties as required by line management
Skills and Experience of our Care Assistants;
- NVQ Qualification - (Desirable but not essential as full training is provided and NVQ training is available)
- A genuine willingness to care for Senior Adults within a Care Home environment
- High level of written and spoken English
There are a variety of shifts patterns including day and night shifts, weekdays and weekends available.
Job found on